Mareseatoatsanddoeseatoatsbutlittlelambseativy.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Report Discounts Iraqi Arms Threat (washingtonpost.com)

"Saddam had desire, lots and lots of desire. You can't let people go around with that kind of desire. You know where I stand. It's hard work," said Bush. "If I knew new then what I know now I would still do it. I don't go by polls and I don't buy into this information and details thing: you know where I stand, and I do too, and I'll do what I think is right, every time, and there is no way that I could be swayed from that purpose."
"Saddam had desire. That's good enough for me. I have to protect this country, that's my job, to protect Americans. Against evil, against WMD and all sorts of desire to do evil. If you are a terrorist, or you harbor them or you have that kind of desire, it's the same thing."

1 comment:

gberke said...

History must show that a stupid president under the thumb of a VP with an old old agenda, got tricked into taking a frightened country into a war where people were killed and property destroyed.
"If you break it, you own it."
Well, not quite: he'll break and the children will own it. Well, for certain they will get the bill.