Mareseatoatsanddoeseatoatsbutlittlelambseativy.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Gibson: "You're getting in trouble -- "



From Tuesday, Oct 26, 2004; 2:48 PM White House Briefing Blog

This morning, in part two of his interview with Bush on ABC's "Good Morning America," Charlie Gibson spit it out. Brandishing a copy of the photo, he asked: "Final question. What the hell was that on your back, in the first debate?"

Bush chuckled.

Bush: "Well, you know, Karen Hughes and Dan Bartlett have rigged up a sound system -- "

Gibson: "You're getting in trouble -- "

Bush: "I don't know what that is. I mean, it is, uh, it is, it's a -- I'm embarrassed to say it's a poorly tailored shirt."

Gibson: "It was the shirt?"

Bush: "Yeah, absolutely."

Gibson: "There was no sound system, there was no electrical signal? There was --"

Bush: "How does an electrical -- please explain to me how it works so maybe if I were ever to debate again I could figure it out. I guess the assumption was that if I was straying off course they would, kind of like a hunting dog, they would punch a buzzer and I would jerk back into place. I -- it's just absurd."


I'm not sure which is more sickening, Bush's excuse or the softball, lead by the hand, everything will be OK, listen to mommy, statement of Gibson's: "You're getting in trouble -- "

1 comment:

Matt said...

Bush is a master at the craft of lying. There is no way that bulge is from the shirt or jacket. He is a compulsive liar, and people believe his lies. Absolutely astoundingly amazing! As for Gibson, I can't understand why he said what he said. Maybe trying to diffuse the president's apparent toungue in cheek comment about haveing a sound systems (which is probably true - "all bow to the master liar").

We'll never know, but who really cares anyway. The guy is a liar, we don't need to confirm that again. If it were an alleged blowjob in the oval office, then we would really care, but not this.