Mareseatoatsanddoeseatoatsbutlittlelambseativy.

Monday, October 25, 2004

Bush and Harvard

"One of the most refreshing things about President Bush is his immunity from intellectual intimidation. More than his decision to go to war in Iraq, more than the religious values I share with him (though I do not share his religion), I appreciate that, though he has to struggle for language, he expresses unapologetically his commitment to the strength of our nation. By contrast, through their opposition to the military, my clever colleagues have done everything they could to make America indefensible."
Interesting: immunity from intellectual intimidation. And that he has to "struggle for language" (I, Claudius?) These are very novel and I think useful characterizations: one a strength, the other a call to listen to what a man is trying to say. As it applies to Bush? Ummmm,.... no.
Choosing to go to war is not refreshing. And getting direction and approval from god is not a "religious value".

1 comment:

Ken said...

"By contrast, through their opposition to the military, my clever colleagues have done everything they could to make America indefensible"

This is plainly false. The democrats DO believe in a strong military, the present "strongest army on Earth" is the military that Bush inherited from Clinton. Not taking anything away from a strong military, I do believe we need one, but the September 11th attacks show that it takes MORE than a strong military not that we need a stronger one. We had the world's undisputed most powerful military and the 9/11 attacks still happened.