Mareseatoatsanddoeseatoatsbutlittlelambseativy.

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Darfur

Here is the halocaust exhibit in Boston.
These glass towers with the numbers etched on the glass right up to the top, each a person, each a body, and words from a few of the survivors at the bottom of each of the 4 or 5 columns, and I wondered about the labor of etching each number, one at a time, but then, each number was a life.
And not a word on Darfur.
The sculptor got paid, the artisans got paid, people visit and are moved and while the tourist gazes, Israel and the Jews and the world is silent: they are killing the people in Darfur!
I didn't realize I needed a spray can until I was a few hours out of Boston: my shame that I didn't turn around and get the job done.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Don't forget that Clinton said the same thing about Rwanda.