Mareseatoatsanddoeseatoatsbutlittlelambseativy.

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Welcome to LocalCurrency.org

I missed the conference at Bard, just across the river! A friend from the Mac User Group (www.netstep.net/thug) sent me the link.
But, follow the link to the E.F Schumacher site! Ah, his ideas live.
Published in 1950, this man, economic advisor to the National Coal Board of Britain "Small is Beautiful: economics as if people mattered" is a book of stunning simplicity and impact. I found it a few decades ago, I think, not a clue how or where. I had no idea that these brilliant ideas lived, and are thriving.

1 comment:

Ken said...

I think I'm a 2, but that's after spending several years in the bright sunshine of Colorado. If I were to be in those photos of his I'd have to say I'm a 1 for the parts of my body at which most people will stare.