Mareseatoatsanddoeseatoatsbutlittlelambseativy.

Friday, January 30, 2004

You bet your country: the 2004 elections
Could the United States survive a revolution?
Oh, yes, I know, we have laws and stuff, so we don't need one (revolution), and all that crap.
But, IF we had one, COULD we survive?
I mean, we ask other countries to do that all the time! Throw out the bad guys (Columbia comes to mind just now), put in the good guys.
Yeah, we have laws, but do we, as a nation of people, have the character? Would the south attempt to split again, would Texas have different thoughts, where would civil rights in all of its forms go, where would religion and free speech and the whole thing go.
My guess: no fucking way. Really.
And that does not make me feel good, because I think a revolution is coming. I think THAT will be the legacy of George Bush the uniter: he will be the man who drives the wedge into the union and shatters it.
That's how important this election is.

No comments: