Mareseatoatsanddoeseatoatsbutlittlelambseativy.

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Clarke messed with the truth
Ah, it seems relatively small, but it is quite at the nub of the question: who knew what and when. Clarke did present us a different timeline while he worked for the White House. Clarke attributes any and all differences between his testimony now and he words then to "minimizing embarassment".
The fact that the administration was looking very very hard in the completely wrong direction is therefore considered an "embarassment"?
Nah: Clinton getting cum on Lewinsky's dress: THAT's an embarassment. Getting your country ambushed because you did poor work? Embarassing?
So, not a lie: we misspoke. Not a lie: we were minimizing embarassment.
No, judge, I was NOT stealing!!! I was trying to improve my lot and care for my family. It was certainly not my intent to steal!

No comments: